This is my birthday video where I talk about what I’ve accomplished, what I’m proud of, what I’m grateful for and what I’m doing for my birthday!
Born: February 4th, 1978 in New York City (33 years old)
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Shares a birthday with: Rosa Parks, Charles Lindbergh, Facebook, 37Signals Basecamp
Birthday plans for tomorrow include a visit to the Korean spa, dinner and then snowboarding in Tahoe at Kirkwood on Saturday!
I will be doing reflection, meditation and prayer on my birthday to fully take in the where I’m at and how far I’ve come in my life as well as visualize where I will be so I can manifest my reality.
- Acquired my first passport
- Moved to San Francisco in April 2010
- New and varied technology consulting gigs
- Built up my training site with classes and content
- Worked for my first startup
- Now enjoy, attending conferences, speaking, traveling and networking
- Consistently stepping outside my comfort zone as an introvert
- Better dresser, more fashionable, embracing my outer beauty vs hiding it
- Down to 120lbs with excellent muscle tone
- Continued healthy eating habits but I completely give into my sweet tooth for chocolate!
- Skin has improved dramatically since I stopped putting sugar in my coffee January 2010. Acne is nearly non-existent!
- Feel the healthiest I’ve ever felt in my life!
- Started working out on a regular basis with spin bike, Elliptical and weights for legs and butt
- Explored developing deeper emotional connections with friends and others
- Finally mastered my Black Jew hair! Tons of compliments! (no poo thanks to Afrobella.com)
- Several attempts (and successes!) to flirt with geek guys at conferences and meetups
- Went on several dates end of 2010 after 4 year hiatus on dating
- Accepted San Francisco is my home
- Overcame my fear of driving in other cities and enjoy driving Zipcars in San Francisco
- Generated ongoing interest in my geeky brand (media and publication interviews, speaking invites, consulting requests, product review offers, special event invites)
- Continued healthy social media presence (ButYoureAGirl.com has Google Page Rank of 6, healthy Klout score with good Twitter relationships, over 9,000 YouTube subscribers, healthy SEO traffic to sites)
- The recognition from people who appreciate the videos, tutorials and help I provide online and in-person
- Thank God I’m physically healthy
- My life focus being on helping people and wanting to make the world a better place
- Love Twitter. It’s changed my life. So many amazing people. Met many In Real Life (IRL)
- My friends
- The opportunities that have been set before me
- For people who I look up to for their spiritual strength
- People recognizing my skills and passion for technology
- Having access to the internet. Oh the joy of dial up in 1997
- I don’t look like I will be 33 on February 4th, 2011 and people think I’m in my 20′s!
- Manifested goal of surrounding myself with positive people in my life! (goal from December 2006)
Goals for 2011
I will need to update my Goals area on the blog as well!
- Get my arse in gear and get the cloud app book moving forward with publisher!
- Build up my training programs at Freshworkshops
- Start learning Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Start writing php scripts and doing more advanced editing of other people’s syntax
- Finish my blog post, “I Want To Fall In Love With A Geek”
- Actually fall in love with a geek guy in San Francisco
- Have a Valentine for 2012
- Be able to seek personal happiness in romantic love but still have time to love the world and contribute to it’s success
- Flex my passport. First visit? London and Scotland (Dr. Who museum!)
- Becoming more enmeshed in the tech community in San Francisco