- 3.5 lb Red Aluminum case
- 13″ display with 1366 x 768 resolution
- 4GB memory
- Windows 7
- Intel CoreTM i3 processor
- 5 in 1 multimedia card reader
- Ports: 2 USB / 1 eSATA / 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, Headphone + Microphone
- Connectivity: Gigabit ethernet, Wifi and Bluetooth
- 1 year warranty
How the contest was judged
The videos were judged on three criteria:
- Relevance – Is this something that strikes chord for business professionals?
- Usability – Is this something that the average person can start doing tomorrow?
- Originality – Was this advice creative and unique?
Judging was conducted by myself, Adria Richards, and the Zócalo Group, a customer evangelist branch within Ketchum. Ketchum is a PR and marketing agency focused on corporate branding, consumer products, technology and a few other target markets.
The winner of the Dell Vostro V130 laptop is:
Dough Lehman of Atlanta GA!
- Website: http://www.dugworld.net
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Thedugshow
- Twitter: @douglehman
Doug’s entry was selected due to several of his tips being unique and putting the focus on the person you’re meeting with including:
- Research the client online including LinkedIN, Twitter and Facebook fan pages
- Everything you do should provide value to the client
- Be in a mindset of active listening
- Ask the client for feedback on additional discussion topics
- Always be thinking about the next action steps after the meeting
- Followup with a thank you card and acknowledge the value of their time
The thing I like about Doug’s entry is that it covers the life cycle of a good first impression. From preperation to followup, the client experience is managed, nurtured and monitored. Excellent tips Doug!
I asked Doug to share with us about his current laptop and inspiration for submitting the video:
My current laptop is an ASUS U5OF and it is having issues with performance and sound card issues. A new laptop is something that I need. I am conducting a free webinar tomorrow on social video selling and hope my computer can perform…
I just started my own business concept as brand ambassador working business development projects. It has been a challenge but winning this laptop made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adria thanks so much..you rock…as I said before I am a big of your work. You have a very engaging style and authentic flavor on your posts etc. A great resource of information. We actually have a mutual friend in Atlanta, Andrea Amir (@andreaAmir). Andrea is my co-working office buddy. I was just speaking with her about your blog. I actually filmed the contest video at my co-working office in Atlanta. I like the background setting.
Doug, sounds great and thanks for the shout out! Co-working is an excellent way to stay focused during the day in a professional environment and it gives you access to other creative and motivated entrepreneurs whom you can network with. Make sure to check out Doug’s website above and his YouTube channel *smile*
Here’s Doug’s winning video
Congrats to Doug, a big thank you to Zócalo Group for the opportunity to hold this contest and that I get to keep a laptop for myself. Big hugs to everyone who entered and helped spread the word by tweeting, reposting, emailing and promoting the contest! I’d also like to say I’m very proud of the three people who submitted their very first YouTube videos for this contest! This was fun to mastermind, plan and look forward to next opportunity to promote new technology solutions for business people!