Last month I received an inquiry about being a speaker at faith based event to talk about how technology could streamline the work at churches and non profits.
There are a lot of tools out there that can help people working and volunteering be more productive so I’ll share my reply here and yes, if you’d like to have me speak at your event, reach out and contact me.
I have reviewed several of your YouTube videos, and am very impressed with your skill and passion around the issue of technology. I just watched “When you business model fails…“. Do you have any insight around the issue of how technology can benefit churches and other non-profits? If so, please take a look at _____________ and the up-coming conference that I host and email me. I am looking to add a technology component to this year’s conference.
and I replied:
Yes! I can show churches and non-profit organizations how they can benefit from technology so they can:
- Enjoy better communication through spam-free email
- Increase the donations online and offline
- See better open rates and conversion from email newsletters
- How to engage volunteers, donors and members online
- Communicate and track donor leads
Specifically speaking to what it seems you do regarding law and compliance for faith based organizations, there are tools, policies and processes churches can use effectively:
- Collect signed forms
- Answer inquiries from members and staff
- Manage events and RSVP’s for congregational gatherings
I just presented at the Black Enterprise Entreprener’s Conference in Atlanta http://www.blackenterprise.com/ec/ and was on a panel discussing web technologies and how to grow your presence online.
Visit my speaking page to learn more about the technology topics I present on http://butyoureagirl.com/speaking/ and please tell me more about what you’re looking for at the upcoming conference in September.
Reading that, you probably recognize some of my favorite tools in there including:
- Google Apps Spam free email, 7GB inbox, shared calendar and documents.
- Mailchimp Design, send, and track amazing email campaigns that get results.
- EchoSign Electronic signature solution. Legal. Binding. Fast turn around.
- SnapEngage Live chat app for your website, blog or ecommerce store.
- Freshbooks Easy invoicing via the web.
- Eventbrite Create events and sell tickets online.
- Assistly or Zendesk Trouble ticket and customer support made easy.
So, as you can see, there are quite a few tools on the market to allow staff to work smarter, not harder. Also make sure to check out the full list of my favorite apps for business.
It would be interesting to speak at a conference like this and I know I can help volunteers be more productive so stay tuned!