Chatting with my friend Tyler last night, I just could not help myself when he expressed interest in traveling and left the door wide open for a LMGTFY Rick Rol.
Are you worried about presenting your startup idea to a bunch of straight-faced venture capitalists to get funding?
- Introduce yourself
- Qualify yourself (why are you the best person to move this idea forward)
- Present the problem
- Help the VC identify with the problem
- Use numbers to quantify the problem
- Flesh out potential solutions
- Brand your solution
- Tell them how much you need
- Get visual and specific
- Explain what you’ll do with the funding
I’m certainly paying more attention to the startup world now that I’ve been to a few startup focused conferences like TechCrunch Disrupt and BlogHer BET, experienced the startup vibe at SXSW, launched my own startup last week and then won the AppSumo Lean Startup Challenge.
Interesting spin on Brown people calling each other by names that are derogatory and flipping it on a different ethnicity with “What’s up my Ninja!”