Chatting with my friend Tyler last night, I just could not help myself when he expressed interest in traveling and left the door wide open for a LMGTFY Rick Rol.
Are you worried about presenting your startup idea to a bunch of straight-faced venture capitalists to get funding?
- Introduce yourself
- Qualify yourself (why are you the best person to move this idea forward)
- Present the problem
- Help the VC identify with the problem
- Use numbers to quantify the problem
- Flesh out potential solutions
- Brand your solution
- Tell them how much you need
- Get visual and specific
- Explain what you’ll do with the funding
I’m certainly paying more attention to the startup world now that I’ve been to a few startup focused conferences like TechCrunch Disrupt and BlogHer BET, experienced the startup vibe at SXSW, launched my own startup last week and then won the AppSumo Lean Startup Challenge.